Two years ago, a small explosion in my kitchen soured me permanently on the proposed merits of homeownership, and IContinue reading
Get The Procrastiwriter Posts Right in Your Inbox (the Lazy Way!)
Search The Procrastiwriter
Follow me on Twitter!My Tweets
Named One of the Top 25 Writing Blogs via Positive Writer!
Named in The Write Life’s 100 Best Websites for Writers 2015!
My name is Shanan, and I’m a writer with a problem. I do more procrastinating than writing, more “research” than writing, more brainstorming than writing and finally, more agonizing over the fact that I haven’t written anything than – you guessed it – actually writing. Of course, life only gets more complicated, right? Mom writers, I'm one of you with an active, towheaded preschooler. Spoonies, I've joined your ranks as well with my 2016 diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. I'm also trying to make it as a freelance writer and proofreader in an increasingly gig-oriented economy. The Procrastiwriter is about procrastinating while writing, finding the time no matter what, and how to be a successful writer around a full-time life. (Can it be done? Read to find out!)
- Motivation Monday: Salman Rushdie on Critics, Versions on
- 6 Thoughts About Writers and Word Counts: Frenemies Forever on
- Master the Sound of Writing: The Bouba/Kiki Effect on
- Phrases on Fridays: Are You Drunk, Schnookered, Plastered, Sauced, Hammered, Inebriated or Wasted? on
- 18 Alternatives to Everyday Swear Words (That Are Way Cooler) on